Terms & conditions of McLaren Leisure memberships
By registering for a membership you agree that you have read and agree to the following terms and conditions. This means that you accept the contents and agree to be bound by the terms contained therein. McLaren Community Leisure Centre is referred to below as the centre. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.
Categories of Membership
Swimming, All in Single, All in Couple, All in Family, 16-18yrs All in Single, 7 Consecutive Day Passes. Under 16’s are not permitted to use the fitness suite out with TeenFIT sessions.
Fees paid monthly by direct debit will require an initial instalment of between 3 to 6 weeks of the appropriate category. Your membership will continue until you confirm cancellation in writing, giving us at least one month’s notice and return your membership card; otherwise we will deduct the current month’s fee. Members will be notified of any change in fees at least 10 working days in advance. 7 Day Pass fees are required upon membership registration. After 7 consecutive day's your membership will automatically expire.
1. All in Memberships do not include coached activities/parties/room rental/Events/External classes
2.All in Memberships entitle the named member to access to the following:
All In Adult Package - Swimming Pool, Fitness Suite, Climbing Wall, Fitness Classes, Single Court Sports hall (payment required for non members)
All In Children Packages - Swimming Pool, Soft Play, Climbing Wall, Fun Sessions, Single Court Sports hall (payment required for non members)
Please note that age restrictions apply to activities.
3. Please note that there are times when McLaren High School has priority use of the centre. Times will be published clearly at the centre or may be obtained from the reception.
4. Members will agree to abide by the operational practices of the centre and heed any reasonable request by staff.
6. A responsible adult must accompany children under 8 years of age into the swimming pool & soft play area. They must remain with them in the pool/soft play at all times. The ratio for admittance into the swimming pool for children is 1 adult to 2 children of age 4-8 years or 1 child under the age of 4 years.
7. Cancelation policy for bookings is 24hours before commencement of activity. If members do not adhere to this policy, McLaren Community Leisure Centre reserve the right to make additional charges and/or cancel your membership.
8. Fees must be paid for all bookings at the time of activity.
9. Membership fees do not include the cost of lockers which require a refundable £1 coin.
10. Memberships are not transferable. Membership cards must only be used by the named member.
11. Replacement cards will be charged for.
13. The manager reserves the right to withdraw membership from those who do not comply with these conditions.
14. There may be occasions where we have to close all, or part of, McLaren Leisure. We will do our best to let you know of such closures in advance, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. We will use all commercially reasonable endeavours to ensure that such closures are outside of peak visiting hours and are kept to a minimum, in both duration and frequency. You will not be entitled to a refund of part of, or all of, your membership fees in such circumstances.
15. All Direct Debit Members and Annual Members will be notified of our AGM and entitled to vote on matters regarding McLaren Community Leisure Centre Holdings.
16. We respectfully ask that users follow recommendations and guidelines on illnesses.
Health and Fitness/Climbing Wall Inductions
1. All new fitness suite/class members are required to fill out a PARQ form. This may include an induction into the safe use of the equipment.
2. All new climbing wall users will be required to attend a 3 hour induction course if they wish to use the climbing wall.
3. The member must inform the centre about any change to the information initially supplied.
4. In certain circumstances, staff at the centre may require additional information from your GP, in order that a correct and safe exercise programme
can be prescribed. In such circumstances the member will be asked to obtain, at their own expense, the required information in writing.
By registering for a membership you confirm that you have read and understood the above and agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the
membership and the rules and regulations referred to above. I will not hold the McLaren Leisure Centre responsible or liable for any action or event
resulting from breach of the same by any person covered by this membership.